Sunday, August 23, 2009

Recaps, Part 1

A couple things have been contributing to my procrastination regarding posting recaps of the wedding. The first is that I don't know where to start; the second is that I feel like I have no time these days to post. The second still holds true, but I can still jot down my memories here and there when I have time -- after all, my other fear is that I'm going to forget all of these little details! As for the first, well, I'll just start with something random and go from there.

The week of the wedding, my friend and bridesmaid Marjorie flew into town on Wednesday around noon. I had spent the earlier part of the week making sure the apartment was clean and doing other wedding-related projects, I'm sure -- that's probably when I was designing and printing the programs. I picked her up from the airport and we headed straight over to Meghan Hicks's house to drop off my dress for steaming. Meghan did an amazing job with my dress bustle and alterations, and had mentioned that if I had trouble getting my dress steamed, she could do it. Well, after weeks of procrastination followed by making a few last-minute phone calls and realizing that stores charge an arm and a leg for dress steaming, I called up Meghan and asked her if she could still do it. After all, I'd rather support her than some nameless shop. So we dropped off my dress and then went out to lunch.

Actually, my memory is now failing me and I don't remember the details of what we ate and when, and what day we ran which little errand. So there goes my chronological recap. Instead, these are the things Marjorie and I did between Wednesday and Friday, in no particular order:

-Ate at Stevens and Stevens. Yum, yum, yum.

-Picked up a new large plastic bag to put my newly steamed wedding dress in when we picked it up. We stopped at a dry cleaner's and I asked to purchase a single long bag. The owner looked at me funny. Confirmed I only wanted one. And gave it to me -- for free! I tried to offer her payment, but she just shook her head and wished me a good day. Yay for small happy things.

-Pressed all of our table runners (purchased from another bride, and for resale now):


-Finished printing out programs, Flickr cards, our table number signs, and other assorted signs; details and pictures to follow. I bought a brand new color cartridge for our inkjet printer specifically for wedding projects, and am really happy I did. The other thing that got a lot of use was my two paper cutters. It was quite a crafty week!

-Got beautified at Clique for waxing -- I had only recently heard of this place, and I'm mad I didn't find it sooner, because I highly recommend it and would go back, if only I hadn't moved immediately after! And we also got pedicures, because I figured it would be hard to get that done during the wedding weekend itself.

-Made our wedding arch and spray-painted it black. The arch was purchased from Save On Crafts for $15.99, which is about $70 less than every other arch I had found, most of which are meant for permanent placement in gardens. It was flimsy, but it did the job:

We got spray paint, small terra cotta pots, and sand from Wal-Mart. We intended for the feet of the arch to be inserted into the pots of sand (to make it heavy enough to not be blown away), but the person who pitched in in the end to help with last-minute set up used pipe cleaners to attach the arch to the fence behind it, and propped the legs next to the pots, instead of placing them in them. Oh well. It didn't blow away, which is all that mattered.

-And the biggest thing of all, we prepped all the flowers! I ordered wholesale flowers from FiftyFlowers.com, FarmsToGo.com, and Costco.com. Bridesmaid Jamie used her Costco membership to help me out with the Costco ordering, and I had no troubles with the others. The flowers were all delivered on Friday, and as soon as they got there, we got to work prepping them and putting them in water. It was a LOT of work -- more than I had anticipated, and I should have recruited more people to help us out. I'll do a full flowers recap later, with lots of details and pictures.

If Marjorie hadn't come to help me out, I don't know what I would have done. She was so helpful, and only complained a little bit in the face of my DIY craziness, and put up with all of my last-minute stress. A lot of my other friends and family couldn't come early because of things going on with their lives -- my sister graduated from college two days before the wedding, and everyone else has jobs they couldn't take extra time off from, my fiance included, and if it weren't for the fact that Marjorie and I had were in the time between medical school graduation and beginning residency, I would have been totally up a creek.

36 comments:

bayuratna said...

Happy new year to you, simple hope on this years is planing my wedding ideas can you help me please?

抽菸 said...

君子遇窮困,則德益進,道益通。 ..................................................

yahoo said...

您的部落格文章真棒!!有空我一定會常來逛!! ........................................

見深 said...

相見亦無事,不來常思君..................................................

火吟 said...

nice job! waiting for your new artical. ........................................

志冠少菁伶義 said...

More haste, less speed.......................................................

RexTemples0217 said...

本土辣妹貼圖站 辣妹城人網 辣妹貼圖站自拍本土 辣妹貼圖站自拍 跟辣妹做愛短片 美國辣妹短片 性感辣妹圖 辣妹好 辣妹比基尼 日本辣妹寫真集 免費辣妹 巨乳辣妹影片 辣妹裸體影片 辣妹貼影 辣妹脫衣影片 巨乳辣妹脫衣影片 巨乳辣妹裸體影片 巨乳辣妹裸體 辣妹服務 辣妹直播服務 視訊辣妹照片 辣妹有約綜藝野球 辣妹泰正點 辣妹影片網 日本辣妹裸體 天天看辣妹 神算辣妹 辣妹情貼圖 辣妹奶奶 裸體的辣妹 藝術台辣妹有約 辣妹性感 寫真辣妹 無碼辣妹 台灣藝術台的辣妹有約 辣妹色情片 清涼辣妹自拍 辣媽辣妹後 辣妹性感照片 辣妹好色情片 辣妹圖貼區 辣妹裸體寫真 辣妹自拍照 辣妹生活照片 韓國寫真辣妹 絲襪辣妹自拍 辣妹留言版 辣妹色網 裸體辣妹照片 辣妹偷拍影片 美女短片試看av電影 美女的照片 美女爆乳 網路美女的照片 票選2009美女

W1219estonMitcham said...

how do u do?xvideo打飛機專用網洪爺免費洪爺色情片洪爺貼圖區洪爺成人線上洪爺影城洪爺色論壇洪爺貼圖洪爺成年人網洪爺免費色情洪爺色情貼援交妹辣妹野球拳情色文學情趣聊天室性感辣妹裸體遊戲做愛偷拍一夜情視訊洪爺色情貼洪爺免費色情洪爺成年人網洪爺貼圖洪爺色論壇洪爺影城洪爺成人線上洪爺貼圖區洪爺色情片洪爺免費洪爺色情貼洪爺免費色情洪爺成年人網洪爺貼圖洪爺色論壇洪爺影城洪爺成人線上洪爺貼圖區洪爺色情片洪爺免費洪爺免費洪爺色情片洪爺貼圖區洪爺影城洪爺色論壇洪爺貼圖洪爺成年人網洪爺免費色情洪爺色情貼洪爺成人線上

志源 said...

It's great!!..........................................

欣穎啟佐 said...

辛苦了!祝你愈來愈好!........................................

Glennie9654 said...

從人生中拿走友誼,猶如從生活中移走陽光........................................

韋于倫成 said...

每個人生命中都可能遇到貴人,這些貴人不一定真的尊貴,他可能是陌生人,也可能是你的敵人。 ..................................................

裕以 said...

5278av影片 洪爺自拍密錄館影音視訊聊天室 a片下載 彩虹視訊交友網 後宮電影線上a片免費看 xvediox 歐美av無碼影片下載 男人幫論壇 av 短片免費看 紅櫻桃愛情小說 援交友留言桃園無碼a片 網愛交友網elove kk777視訊俱樂部 影音視訊聊天室 完美女人視訊聊天室 383成人34c檳榔西施自拍照片 wii無雙遊戲網,電玩快打小遊戲 sex520免費電影 show-live視訊85cc 視訊聊天 18成人貼圖區 新竹援交自拍 qq 美女貼圖片區 ol 線上免費影片 辣妹有約台北援交 視訊交友高雄網 視訊聊天花漾 mmbox視訊網 無碼dvd,夜未眠成人影城 聊天室ilover99 jpkiss 線上成人影片 aio 網路交友愛情館 台灣18成人網 豆豆出租情人視訊 黑澀會美眉的即時通 xx369色女人專用 aaio辣妹視訊 交友聊天室meet520 微風成人vi467 視訊情人辣妹080 18免費成人影城 080視訊聊天室swam 禁忌書屋成人小說網 人妻的秘密結局 百分百成人圖片區 台南視訊 人妻AV影片 av影片,比基尼美女的奶 電話網愛視訊交友 18禁遊戲

瓊慧 said...

you‘ve got a great personality!............................................................

AlysiaDraeger0417永瑞 said...

樂觀進取,勇往直前,持之以恒,是克服困難的妙方。 ............................................................

mckinney said...

A friend to everybody is a friend to nobody...................................................

欣來 said...

I guess I will need a lot..................................................

則惠 said...

hello~來拜訪你囉~部落格很棒^^!......................................................................

王瑞 said...

幸福不是一切,人還有責任。.................................................................

江婷 said...

may the blessing be always with you!!.................................................................                           

淑娟淑娟 said...

成熟,就是有能力適應生活中的模糊。.................................................................

香昱信張君林 said...

憤怒,是片刻的瘋狂。..................................................

宜FH定博林P'韓T彥 said...

Quietude is the crown of life.............................................................

JasonBirk佳琪 said...

困難的不在於新概念,而在於逃避舊有的概念。............................................................

偉倫s倪陳合恭陳陳sgdgd陳 said...

真有內容的部落格~..................................................................

雅俊芬凱陳許 said...

好地方!下次再來看~~加油!期待............................................................

淑娟淑娟淑娟 said...

很耐斯的部落格,留言支持你繼續加油..................................................................

ju吳phe宇te佳ns said...

Fancy may kill or cure...................................................

陳宛伶陳宛伶 said...

光這幾句話就價值連城了,讀著讀著小弟的眼眶就濕了...............................................................

奕蕭君 said...

你快d upday個blog啦~我等左好耐啦/_愛死呀ling之fans上 ..................................................................

彥劉皓 said...

今夜星光多美好~祝你快樂~~~~..................................................................

家唐銘 said...

人必須心懷希望,才會活的快樂,日子才過得充實,有意義,有朝氣,有信心。......................................................

偉曹琬 said...

做些小善事,說些愛的字句,世界更快樂。..................................................

承王蓁 said...

如果你批評他人。你就沒有時間付出愛......................................................................

幸家陳瑋齊 said...

婚姻對男人來說是賭他的自由,對女人而言卻是賭她的幸福。.................................................................

孟謝謝謝凱謝謝謝謝 said...

原來這世上能跟你共同領略一個笑話的人竟如此難得......................................................................