Thursday, October 18, 2007

A Bride Sues Her Florist Over Pastel Hydrangeas

Wow, brides ARE crazy.

A NYC bride has sued her florist for breach of contract for a "series of faux pas at her wedding on Aug. 11." "In the most 'egregious,' ... the florist substituted pastel pink and green hydrangeas for the dark rust and green hydrangeas she had specified for 22 centerpieces."

Wow.

I guess when you pay over $27,000 for your flowers you'd better get what you want. I'm going to ignore for the moment the idea of paying $27,000 for flowers -- even in NYC.

I guess I should use this opportunity to announce that I intend to do some of my own wedding flowers. Not all of them. Just some. There are plenty of places to order wholesale flowers from, and I definitely have the ability to do centerpieces and some bouquets. I could do boutonnières also, but I'm not totally crazy, don't worry. There are some logistical issues to consider: when you order flowers wholesale, they're closed and you need to give them a few days in a cool place to open -- florists use walk-in refrigerators, which I don't have. One solution is a ceremony/reception site that will let me use their catering refrigerators, but it depends on the site. Anyway, these are issues for many months from now, but I am excited at the prospect of getting to play with flowers again.

0 comments: